Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

The first!

olive oil and garlic with a tomato basil sauce,
eggplant, mushrooms, onions, spinach, mozzarella,
and fresh Parmesan. So delicious, it was devoured
while enjoying the final episode of the first season
of Saving Grace, the intriguing detective show with
Holly Hunter- I totally reccomend it if you haven't
seen it...fascinatting and thought provoking.

This is the official post for the first pizza made in the new apartment. I decided pizza sounded great around 6pm and we didn't have any yeast in the house. After a trip to the co-op, eggplant mushrooms and onions getting sauteed, and a few hours to let the dough rise we ate a delicious pizza. I am a bit sad that I gave away a bunch of my cooking items before I moved to vermont; most noticeably my pizza stone. Also on my list to locate from the depth of boxes in St.Louis are my garlic press and microplane. Those are the two tools I use most frequently in the kitchen and notice when I don't have them. Especially with the microplane it made it so easy to throw a little bit of lemon zest in this sauce or chocolate on top of that dessert, or cheese on top of anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment