Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2010

bikes and bikes and books and ramps!

ah! I love spring. everything feels alive again.
Friday morning I went to a seed starting workshop at Knoll farm- It was perhaps a bit silly for me to be there, as I already started a lot of seeds and have my garden plan in the works, but I met people who have gardened here for many years. The networking was good, reassuring to hear i am on the right track and got to see the lovely property of knoll farm, and meet some baby Icelandic sheep. beautiful!!!
yesterday I slept in for the first time in quite a while... leisurely woke up and went on a bike ride in to town, hung out by the water for a long time, and bathed in the sun. The afternoon was full of adventure including:
  • I found a bike! bought it from a guy on the side of the road (garage sale style) a blue and black Trek cross-track 720 in pretty good shape with newish brake pads and working tires. so exciting
  • went to my favorite bookstore/ cafe in Rochester and met the owners this time.. we hung out with them for a while, and got a beer with them- fantastic and quite interesting folk.
  • also met a guy who is teaching our root cellar class, and lives a farm that cultivates medicinal plants and mushrooms- totally going to buy starts from him (especially callendula) and hopefully some mushrooms
  • fire and fireworks at a co-workers house
  • sleeping outside under the stars
today-

cooked breakfast on not quite enough sleep. Asparagus, roasted red pepper, caramelized onion, broccolli , chedar frittata and a zucchini, parm, caramelized onion, broccoli, sun dried tomato frittata. chipotle breakfast potatoes, and a strawberry mango fruit salad.

bike ride to some waterfalls and I start my permaculture class in the evening. woot!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment