Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

friday sushi!





spent the morning making a tiny bit of headway on the garden. Sent in my form to high mowing seeds for donations, e-mailed a whole bunch of people I need to meet in the valley, gathered all the things I need to table at the NOFA conference tomorrow. My goal is to get my seed order and budget figured out by Monday, as well as where to source everything. I'm excited about this whole elaborate process planned for figuring out how many veggies we go through, and what I can grow to make a dent in, what is most expensive to buy, etc...so much to learn.

we decided to make sushi tonight! so i spent all afternoon with Kerrie making sushi and chatting- a long long day of work, but fun.
Menu:
seaweed napa cabbage salad
veggie sushi with avocado, dried pear, carrot, green onion, mushroom, cucumber
wasabi, homemade pickled ginger, soy ginger dipping sauce
and I rocked a mean
steamed/ then sauteed Tempe carrot and broccoli- I'm really happy with how it turned out. lots of ginger, garlic, tamari, rice vinegar, a bit of sugar, some hot pepper flakes.
so good

tonight:
going to a bread and puppet show- awesome awesome puppet theater at a cool sounding community space- i'll let you know how it is.
hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment