Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

getting out of the bubble

slept in today because I didn't have to cook breakfast- hooray!
last night I spent a few hours working on a new drawing and listening to the news, something I haven't done in a few days (the news part.) I feel like each headline that was read made me more and more frustrated and weary of the state of the world... It was the first I had heard of the Senate bill


followed by lots of news on what is actually happening in Haiti... It's so nice to be here and to focus on cooking, and animals and beginning the process of growing things- I feel so out of touch with the community though, and with connecting with the rest of the world. I guess going to protests and benefits, and minimal amounts of organizing in Minneapolis wasn't really doing much, but at least it felt like something...

No comments:

Post a Comment